Saturday, June 27, 2009

Forgetting...

I realized, it doesn't take me (and maybe you too) a lot of effort to forget about things.

Using the longboard today made me feel as though I've nearly forgotten how to windsurf; maybe it was the big chops, maybe it was the really narrow board, maybe it was the heavy sail (everyone's been telling me how heavy my sail is), or maybe, it's really just me. I guess I haven't been getting enough water time for the past two weeks, with the KL and HK trips taking place. And I must have lost my arm power somewhere along the way. The result? I spent all my time trying to get the damned sail out of the water when the wind was blowing its best knots for the day, it's such a waste I tell you. Agh, I'll do better next week. I really want to.

And... I digressed. The point is, in just two weeks, I forgot about the points of balance on the board and the basic steps.

That's all the time it took, two weeks. Bah

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...