Monday, June 1, 2009

Results Are Out!

I didn't do too well, my GPA dropped a little but I'm not too bothered. I'm just thankful that I managed to clear all the modules and am still eligible for the application of exchange programmes, provided they do not change the minimum GPA requirement. It's over now, so there's no point brooding over it eh? Chew on it, and move on... there's always the next semester to look forward to friends.

I've been bingeing on Bourdain's No Reservations videos on Youtube for the past few days and it's totally making me hungry. I want a taste of that Lechon (pig slow-roasted over a fire on a pole) from Philippines, Babi Guling (something like Bali's version of the Lechon), Poutine (thick-cut potatoes with insanely fattening toppings from Quebec), Yak Tea from Tibet (buttery teh tarik apparently slurps), Banh Mi (airy baguette sandwich from Vietnam), Ton Toro Sashimi, Ramen from one of those quaint little ramen shops, live octopus from Korea with it's tentacles still wriggling, a bowl of piping hot beef Pho... and I could go on forever with all that food goodness. He really does have the best job in the world you know, travel AND food.

I never really thought much about our very own local food, I mean, the tastes are something so familiar to me and not all that special right? I do realize I've been taking things for granted. I don't think life would be the same if I had to grow up without all that lard-filled Char Kway Teow, Laksa, Rojak or Ice Kachang. I'm totally craving for a serving of sweet and sour bone marrow now.

Ah food. Speaking of which, Korean bbq tomorrow evening with the girls and Rob. Looking forward to that!


ps. the accommodation for the KL trip is settled, time for debt collection soon!

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...