Tuesday, October 4, 2011

About XLBs


Had dinner with Jenny and Bun at Din Tai Feng today and I conclude (having made a few comparisons even before this) - Crystal Jade Xiao Long Baos over Din Tai Feng's for me!

I don't know what is it that Crystal Jade chefs put into their xiao long baos but I love how the savory broth in them always end on (so punny :p) a sweet note in my mouth. And it's a taste that I can never forget. I am always trying to look for the same 'sweet ending' in Din Tai Feng's xlbs (and Nanxiang's too) but nope, I've sort of confirmed that it just doesn't exist in them.

Not saying that all the other xlbs are lousier in taste or anything like that; in fact, I think quality is the first thing that comes to my mind when people mention Din Tai Feng - kudos to them for making sure there are 18 folds for each little dumpling and promising replacements for every dumpling that has its skin torn while being served, but yeah - I just happen to prefer the taste of those from Crystal Jade.

Enough of xlb-talk; it's making me slightly hungry now.

I've been taking far more pictures on-the-go ever since I got my new phone (Galaxy S2) not long ago, and I have to say, the built-in 8-mp camera's really quite impressive! I don't know how it measures against the other new phones in the market currently, but I am superbly pleased with the pictures that it's been taking so far.

But then again, I'm always that easily contented.


Changed my wallpaper to that of a very cute Nyan Cat and it makes me very happy everytime I see it appear to be moving across the screen. Hehe.


No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...