Friday, October 7, 2011

"下大雨来咯!"

That's my father's favourite phrase whenever there's an impending storm - "快点关窗口!" is what usually comes after. It's wrong grammatically, but I still think that's kinda cute... actually, that's probably one of the few cute things he would say/do.


I haven't been taking pictures with Penty for sometime now, so I brought him out today. And snapped the above picture in the car while waiting for Mumsy to knock off from work earlier; that's one of the rare occasions where I switched to manual focusing. 

The rain was crazy in the evening. I get really scared when I'm all alone driving and it's raining elephants out there, the lightning and thunder unfortunately, don't make it any better. There are two things that make me really afraid of driving in downpours/storms: 1) not being able to see the lane markings on the roads; getting into accidents as a result, and 2) floods - for the love of tua pek gong, please don't ever let me be caught in one!

Anyway, after picking Mumsy up today, we headed to Swee Choon along Jalan Besar for dinner. I ordered way too much food for the two of us and had to pack some of it back for Dad's supper; pictures up in the next post maybe...


And today also marks the first dye-job that I did for myself. I've helped Mumsy with her previous dye-jobs but never got around to doing one for myself until today. It's supposed to be a bright red so I was slightly disappointed with the results (above); contemplated dyeing it a second time with a brighter shade of red but Mumsy said "you siao ah" so I guess now's probably not the time. Hope it becomes more obvious over time though.

Last night was the finals for Jolb's touch-rugby match (between NUS and NTU) so we headed down to the sports complex to lend some moral support. The game closed with a draw but NTU won based on a greater number of touchdowns (if I did not remember wrongly :x). Like last year, I was still as clueless about the rules, though I must say that I am truly happy for Jolb and her team for winning their well-deserved gold.


This week's been pretty awesome, I've been breathing much better compared to last week. It's Friday tomorrow, and I am so looking forward to the end of school.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...