Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Girly

LEFT HAND, Y U NO GOOD AT PAINTING RIGHT-HAND NAILS?!


So I may not be the girliest girl around, but I like being a girl most of the time (except for times when the dreaded cramps are here); I enjoy the shopping, the dressing up, the smelling nice, the combing of hair, transformation into a bitch and blaming it on PMS, saying stupid things and getting away with it because I am allowed to "not know better", and having a natural flair for gossiping.

Having gone through a course that involved lengthy lecture discussions about gender bias and gender equality last semester, my prof would probably be disappointed to know that I'm still not buying that feminism stuff that's been discussed to death in the lecture theatre; I just don't think true gender equality can be achieved anytime soon; at least not in Singapore's context.

NS for girls, who are you kidding?


No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...