Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Laugh it off lor


please laugh if you can spot me, courtesy of kh.

All that emo-ing in the previous two entries, I blame it on the dreaded PMS. I've been down on luck recently (today especially); having forgotten to bring my mobile phone out with me, the tutor sending me on a guilt-trip early in the morning, no more wantons for add-on to my minced meat noodles because the person queueing right in front of me bought the last piece, I wanted meepok but that was not enough left so the noodle stall unker had to mix it with meekia. And to end the day off, I slammed the car door on my left thumb (yeh so smart) and now it's swollen.

I almost wanted to laugh out loud at myself at the carpark when the door hit my thumb; the clumsy remnants of me. Brought back lots of fond memories of the leeward islands where Uncle Sam (everyone, in fact) teased me onboard Four Friends; memories where my legs were filled with bruises all over, an unsightly sight. But who cares, we were merry as can be, without a worry (or maybe just the Captain's worry bout running out of beer).

All I want to say in this particular entry is, despite all these unlucky happenings taking place, I'm thankful as can be. For the roof over my head, the wheel that I stayed behind today, my free education, a stable wireless network, friends who laugh at and with me, people who cheer me up so effortlessly (I promise to do the same for anyone who needs it in future), the approved claim for my hard-disk, my comfy bed (with new, funky pink bedsheets), family that I know is always there for me, and all the experiences (good and bad) that've made me who I am today. 

I truly am thankful. 
Life is still wonderful, despite the unfairness of it all.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...