Sunday, February 22, 2009

Transition; yet another state of change

The hockey skates that Luwei's helped me to order from US are finally here! Was taking quite a bit of a gamble since I didn't know what size I should be ordering; thank goodness it fits perfectly (US 4 okay I know I've got small feet)!

IMG_3641
you can imagine my excitment

IMG_3643
these new babies cost me S$245

IMG_3627
seeing green hm.

Tried them twice and I'm still trying really hard to get used to them; there's a lot of difference, especially around the ankle area. And I'm lacing up this time round, instead of buckle-up! They're really light though, compared to my bumble bee. Got myself 2 

I spent the entire day bumming today. I'm not exactly exhausted (from yesterday's training), just thought I'd like to do nothing today. Okay not exactly nothing, I wiped and vacuumed the interior of the car a little, got rid of all the dried leaves stuck along the grooves of the boot, cooked myself a nice bowl of mee goreng with meatballs and taiwan sausages (now don't you go wtf).

So much for doing nothing hur.

Anyway, the south-west monsoon's here! That's what everyone was saying yesterday at the sea sports centre. It wasn't too strong, and I'm thankful once more since both Siying & I decided to pick up the 5 square metres sail instead of our usual 4m2. Uphauling wasn't too difficult as I'd make it out to be (must be the light winds), and we were able to move even in the lightest of winds! 5 is just so fun please!

4 of us headed down to Katong Shopping Centre for some chicken cutlet rice at the food court for dinner; not bad at all. Thanks for the recommendation SK! Walked back to our cars and decided to have some dessert along the way... ...

IMG_3646
mine mine mine mine! black sesame shaved ice + oreo

IMG_3650
sk's peanut ice shaving + almond flakes

IMG_3651
yinghui's champagne grape ice shavings + kiwi

IMG_3653
and david's milk shaved ice + mango

Yums for everything!

Apparently it's from the very same vendor we have in Canteen 2. They actually have a dine-in outlet. The name of the place's夏日霜if you're keen, and it's just along East Coast Road, before the 2 Katong laksa places.

& I learnt that Hanabi's at Katong Mall; I'm so going there for the next Japanese food buffet! Who wants to join!

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...