Thursday, February 19, 2009

My day.

Language in Context lectures leave me flabbergasted every single time; I never knew texts could be analyzed from THAT many aspects, and it just adds on with each passing week. I walk out of LT8 feeling a sense of relief every Tuesday evening; thank goodness the information overload for the week's over. On the other hand, the tutorial sessions are really enjoyable. I like engaging in the kind of discussions that we do (even though most of my group members end up talking about other unrelated topics half the time), breaking texts down into their smallest units and reading between lines, looking at how the words we use will affect how our texts are being read or perceived; the smallest and most unnoticeable word may change the tone of the entire text.

Today's session with Kaka, we talked bout family issues half the time. It felt more like a counselling session than anything else. At one point in time, I was a little annoyed that he just refused to be more cordial towards his family members. And then Ed Psych occurred to me; his refusal may just be a result of his inability to see beyond his own point of view. I want to help him, but I don't know how. I tried everything I could think of.

Managed to get me a pair of dancing heels today, they look almost the colour of my legs. Tried to get Mumsy to salsa with me, but she was soooooooo lazy to stand up and do it. Urgh? Urgh. 

I'm usually one to mince my words, giving more than I take because I hate conflicts and I try my best to avoid any. However, of late, I'm feeling rather provocative. A teeny weeny bit of disagreement we may have and I'm all set to kick ass (or get my ass kicked instead) and I'm not going to feel sorry for you (not expecting the other party to as well).

ps. I've been coming home as much as I can for the past few days, the weather's been nothing but disgusting of late; I need the air con. & there are ladybugs in my room! hehe.

pps. You know I love you babe, we all do. I'm here, only a phonecall away yep? *hugs*

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...