Sunday, May 31, 2009

Just a Few Minor 'Accidents', Some Funny, Some Not

Real-life accounts from who else but me. It's not something that you don't already know; you guys probably won't be surprised if I'm going to tell you I'm one hell of a clumsy person, I'm always having bruises on one part of my body at least. By the time I'm thirty, I'll probably have enough accounts to fill up half a book, I think. Nothing too extreme, of course (I hope).

Anyway, for starters, here's a picture of my palm that SK 'eeyer-ed' to last week. They don't look too bad here, all dry and free from the prune-like wrinkles and blotches, but trust me, you'd go 'eeyer' too if you saw them in that state.


don't look that bad eh?


No more wrinkly fingers anymore though. I hope that's because I'm starting to make better (read: correct) use of my harness and the harness lines... It does seem like the sail's much lighter when I'm kept suspended by those lines and hooks, my back takes alot of my weight off those hands.

Speaking of my harness, I had one scary experience some few weeks back. I was hooked onto the harness line and for the moment I leaned too much to the back, I got thrown off my balance. It resulted in me pulling the sail down with me into the water on the windward side, still hooked onto the harness. It took me one second to realize that I was underwater and being dragged by the sail, the next two seconds I started panicking and fumbling to unhook myself with my eyes closed underwater (my water confidence is now shit, as you can tell). Once the hook came off, I struggled to make my way out from under the sail, gasping for the biggest breath of air I could breathe. I was so happy and thankful to be breathing at that moment. 

That was the worst five seconds in a long time. And it made me realize that you get things done the difficult way when you start panicking, but... it also left me questioning "How do I keep myself from panicking?!" I thought I was pretty confident underwater, but looked at what happened when I fumble. For that five seconds, I thought I was going to die la.

Last night, I knocked the corner of the sofa with my head after the last round of mahjong with Siaos, Robs and Jon. A loud 'kok' was heard and now my the skull on my right forehead has a dent. It was so painful that my tears just flowed out, I was laughing at my stupidity and crying in pain both at the same time; and Siaos was rubbing it for me the whole time. I couldn't believe I missed that corner and headplanted my head in there so hard la. Anyway, we went to McDonald's after that and all was fine.  :p


pixelated because it's two inches to my vajayjay.

Today, I thought all was going well at windsurfing. The wind picked up (a little), and I could put the harness to use again. Coming back was quite a bitch but I managed to come back all the same. Everything sounds good? It was... until I decided to have a go on PA's club boards. After ten thousand attempts at beach start, I finally got up and out. I dropped my sail somewhere just after the breakwater and as I was uphauling (a.k.a. pulling up the sail) so as to make my way back, I realized how slippery the club board is and the next moment. I slipped and fell right on my bum, but that is not the worst part. The worst part? The mast (a.k.a. metal pole) went right in between my legs, bham! And at this moment as I'm typing this, I'm truly thankful that I'm not a guy. It was so muthafucking (no other word to describe it, really) painful that I screamed out loud and all the other windsurfers within 5 metres radius stared at me. I cursed the board to no end as I tried to uphaul a second time, this time round I'm ten times more cautious. 

Okay, enough clumsy stories for now. I am officially disliking the old club boards now. Ugh.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...