Sunday, July 18, 2010

do you want me to stay or go?

I saw Mumsy's bedroom door open when I got back home after an entire day out (err, close to) with the secondary school peeps, so I invited myself in and plopped myself onto my parents' very, very, very comfortable bed. When the two of us are lying there, bodies and minds in super-relaxed states and eyes half-focusing on whatever's on telly, I will talk to her about some of the usual mindless things that are always going through on my mind; sometimes we'd be talking about how I'm coping at school, other times I'd tell her about my friends, what I think about boys and relationships, or how lucky I think my life is.

Tonight, I've been thinking about how boyfriends and girlfriends are always affecting each other's decisions in life; however minor or major they may be. I will probably not be travelling as much if I had a boyfriend who didn't like me to, so, I asked her if she would rather I be attached (now that I'm still studying) if that would keep me in Singapore for as much possible, or would she rather I be single but am always trying to get out of here. She said she didn't know. So I helped her choose the latter, since I've decided that I'm still young (therefore still eligible for $ loan), have a lot of vacation time to spare and will only turn on the panic 'switch' another 5 years down the road. 

She rolled her eyes at me, like how she always does, and that always makes me angry... for 5 seconds.


I love Mumsy <3

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...