Monday, July 5, 2010

me in chronological order... (almost la)

I've been looking at some old pictures of me on Friendster, and prehistoric blog entries (starting 2005)... and I'm going to share them. There are 20 over random pictures (of me!!!!) so if you secretly hate looking at my face or something, please leave now. Otherwise, you are welcome to have a laugh or two at the funny ones and see how I've changed (or not) over the past few years!

2005:


I went to TP with short hair!


Having the time of my life onboard Four Friends (not quite showing it here though, I look like someone's just snatched away my ice cream)


Looking chubby. Pulau Ubin with Siao. That's my CCHMS badge on the bag strap!

2006:

Bawah, for the second time.

NYDC (?) with Tan <3 <3 <3 Eyebrows still bushy.

2007:

internship at SC in Ubi. Having chap cai peng for lunch!


Lifesaving competition in Ipoh. With Junie! The start of brow-trimming days. 


At Mensa 2 on Xue & mz's birthdays. Wah ah lian wannabe with red highlights in the hair and a TAIL!


with dive bud Amelia at Dayang!

2008:


Phuket Aquarium with Doug for our grad trip!


Miss Clarity's with rl.


First trekking trip at Stong; I'm a Stong girl! High socks to prevent leech attacks and kampong Adidas for better traction. I thought I looked like Dora the explorer (with much shorter shorts and longer hair)!


Eat-and-spend-a-lot period! Went around trying new food and taking pictures (on Kenni's camera) before the start of my university life.



Just before Vietnam with the windsurf peeps, at the Budget Terminal.


My first vermonster; shared by the primary school clique on the last day of 2008.

2009:

Hair got really long here, taken with Siao's candy Holga.


I snipped everything off in June, just before the HK trip with Shir and Siaos, because I was getting bored with my long hair. Mummy got a big shock, and kept asking if I was okay because it was so sudden and unexpected. 

I kept at this length for a month or two...


and then decided that I want to have even shorter hair!


almost everyone started calling me ah boy, at PA especially. haha


and I tried to style my hair like the guys... used Uncle David's hair-wax for this... hehe

decided that styling is a very troublesome affair... so I stopped doing it and just let my hair be.


went for less hair-cuts... 


2010:

and just let my hair grow freely. 


finally long enough to be tied on one side



G gave me straight bangs <3

and I've been having them for a few months now... I think I'm going to do away with the straight bangs and try something new soon! 


and that is how long my hair is now..! 


I think 2009 was a year of radical changes for me. It was not just about the hair; mindsets, ideas, friends, studies, were all included. I think that was when I really stepped out of my little comfort zone, and looked at the world with a bigger and more open heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe! You look fab with long hair lah! So pretty. ;)

G.

aj said...

ehh tyvm but why are you not sleeping yet? i super scared later cannot wake up :x

<3

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...