Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My brady (bra-di) list is getting longer.

There are a group of friends in my life whom I call 'the brothers', or 'bro' (pronounced bra by me though); we laugh together, eat together, push each other around and make fun of each other (more like they make fun of me) like how 'brothers' or buddies always do, and can never be romantically linked. Some of them also tell me to "start thinking like a girl leh" when we talk about girl-related issues.

The main reason why I call them 'the brothers' is because we always call each other "brother"; even though I can never or will never be one physically. Obviously they don't treat me as a female here, but that's okay... because things are much more fun that way! I find it so much easier to talk to guys sometimes; they are much more straightforward but much less judgmental (okay this is probably only true when they treat you like a brother, but still...), and probably because I am especially raucous at times.

A few days ago, I told mumsy that some of my guy friends call me 'brother'. She laughed like it was the funniest thing she heard all day. I hope she will still be laughing this hard 20 years down the road, when my hair starts to grey and I'm still single and clinging onto her and all the good guys are taken up and I'm just stuck with guy friends who call me 'brother'!

But of course, that's 20 years down the road. Right now, you're still invited to submit your application to become a 'brother', and we can still laugh together.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...