Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Filler.

What's in Miss Chang's lunchbox today?

I'm into my second last week of internship now, and so far, I am very thankful that things have been rather good despite the very draining markings and early hours.

Today, I had my first official (ungraded) lesson observation with the lower-ability class that I am attached to for the past 3 weeks. Not surprisingly, being the nervous wreck that I was, I sped through the first few slides of the chapter on Graphs unintentionally; thank goodness it wasn't graded. My CT mentioned to me briefly post-lesson that things got better as time went by, and I was sooooooooooo heartened by her comments, even though there are still a lot of improvements to be made. Next up, I'll be doing the life cycles of chicken and frogs with them next Thursday (I'm very excited to teach this topic!)... and as a tuning-in activity for them for the chapter, each class has been given 10 live caterpillars each to look after; so that they will be able to observe the different stages of growth of a butterfly. I can't wait to hear them squeal in disgust/delight tomorrow when the teacher assigns pupils to bring them home hurhurhur.

Anyway, I just want to end by adding that my CTs are two very cool ladies. One of them went for Jay Chou's concert over the weekend with her 17 year-old son!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! one of the teacher in the staff room was talking about Jay Chou too! They are so hippish! I want to be talking about the next "Lady Gaga" when I am a full fledged teacher!

rongster

aj said...

But they are aunties and you are still young! Different... I think this is one of those rare times where I meet some really hip aunties!

<3

Anonymous said...

Waaa looks good! still got prawns! :)

Anonymous said...

that was me.

-g. haha.

aj said...

mmmm not too bad la, make for you next time if you don't mind my cooking. hehe i guessed (it's you) as much.

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...