Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The aspiring domestician

To be dead honest, okay, not really.

I made dinner for my family last night. Bamboo shoots, mushrooms and minced meat braised in soya sauce plus a dish of steamed asparagus (makes it lose all the crunchiness, I'm frying it the next time round). It was fun! Cooking is a really fun process, all that chopping (I love chopping), washing, preparation work... the laughs that you get as a result come as a bonus sometimes.

Till the next masak masak session, will try to include pictures!

ps. This might come a little late, for someone who's turning 21 like me, but I finally know what's the right amount of water to use for cooking rice, and that starting with big flames result in cracked eggs if you're boiling them. Don't laugh at me please.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...