Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Yet another great weekend

Hung out with the OWY/Kantang peeps on Saturday night at Weisheng's 21st birthday chalet. It was a night of catching up, making fun of each other (yet again), barbecued crabsticks and chicken wings, mahjong and poker. We came up with a new name for the clique, through the blending of OWY and Kantang. So now, what we have is... Otang. Very wtf, but who cares! Called each other by our new names; I'm Kaya thank you very much, Zl's Guyu (butter), Long's Nutella and Wenyun's Michael! This is so secondaryschoolish; I cannot remember when was the last time I thought about nicknames for friends.
As usual, I'm glad for the comany of these people. We realized it's been about 8 years now, ever since we first met in 2001 via CCHMS. Some of us've changed, while some remained pretty much the same. Whatever it is, I'm glad things turned out the way they are right now and I do know I have a bunch of awesome friends.

Sunday was spent windsurfing with Uncle Ben. The upwind ride was not too bad (as per Mingle's comments); light onshore wind with rather strong currents. We took our time and headed for Bedok Buoy; I didn't manage to round it from the port side despite having come so close to it (probably within 10 metres), tried a few tacks in order to reach the buoy but gave up in the end and headed for Bedok Jetty instead. Same thing happened again, but I could understand why I couldn't get any closer this time round. The currents were simply too strong. I learnt about positioning your foot and shifting your weight around in order to control the direction in which the board's pointing, played about with that theory a little. Ben spent some time waiting for me to get upwind, but I guess I looked pretty hopeless back there. Going upwind on a shortboard is a bitch! I really enjoyed the surf on Sunday though; the conditions were really what most shortboarding beginners wouldn't mind.

Ahh. I love my life the way it is now.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...