Saturday, April 18, 2009

Epilating virgin no more!

The vainpot in me is emerging, slowly but surely (I'm a latebloomer lor). Of late, I've started paying more attention to tiny details on my body, brows, leg hair, arm hair, and I was freaked out when I realized I actually have quite a lot of body hair on me. Must.get.rid.of.them.


brAun gets girly...

I thought an epilator could be a long-term solution to most of my hairy problems, so I finally got myself one from Best, Plaza Sing yesterday. Wasn't very sure what to be looking for in an epilator, so I was pretty much sold on the first set that the salesman introduced me to (yes I'm a sucker like that). He tried it on my forearms and it didn't hurt as much as I'd thought it would and, I liked the feel of it in my hands, so, I took that back home with me.

It was my first time epilating so I didn't know very much what to be doing. But the hairs came off anyway, so I figured I was on track. 

If it's your first time epilating... 

1. Do take a hot-water shower because that helps to open your pores and reduces the pain while your hairs are being plucked.

2. Keep your skin dry and moisture-free. 

3. Trim your hairs (if they are long). Pain level is directly proportional to the length of your hairs, so keep them short if you can.

4. Make your hairs stand; run your hands through them so that it will be easier for them to be plucked out.

5. Hold the epilator's head perpendicular to your skin; keeping the tweezer surface on your skin as much as possible. Have fun!

List was produced based on personal experience, so expect variations here and there okay.


mine comes with rollers; supposedly a massaging function

I took around 30 minutes to get the hairs on my legs and arms off. It started of with funny-feeling sensations; think ticklish and painful at the same time. I stifled a few giggles and quickly got used to it. Pain, was definitely present, but it was also definitely tolerable. No more unsightly body hair on me now! Anyway, it feels good running my hands through the smooth and hair-free legs of mine now!

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...