Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Poker Face



If you haven't heard this song before, obviously you haven't been tuning in to local radio for awhile. I think most of the songs by Lady Gaga (that I've heard) have a really catchy and infectious beat to them. Anyway, I realized her alveolar plosives in "No you can't read mine poker face" are super pronounced. Do I sound like I've been binging on my phonetics notes? I guess not, I haven't even started on them for goodness' sake! Tsk.

I've been watching a lot of shuffling videos on youtube for the past few days, and I totally want to learn it. Trance, I suppose that's the music used for those dance steps, has not really been my cup of tea since I started listening to my first CD (M2M btw) in primary school because I used to think it gave me headaches. But but but, I now think it's not bad... hm, some of the tracks can be really nice. Ben was telling me it looked something that came out of a 天龙八部video, roll my eyes. Hope I'll get down to figuring out those online tutorials after exams are over!

Anyway, something that I'd like to share (verbatim)...

Thank you very much for waiting for me, by that fountain. Thank you for being so understanding. Thank you for understanding that I need to build a career, so that I can build a life with you. So that we can live together, 2 persons, 1 life, 1 heart.

I love you!

For trusting me. Letting me have my late nights with my friends even though you know there are girls in the group. Thank you! Trust me, my darling, you are the love of my life. Please do not doubt my love for you, my darling. My heart is big, but there's only space for you. Because you pui-pui*, take up all the spaces.

*this means fat in Hokkien

I came across this card that DJ wrote me while I was cleaning up the room last night. Quite the linguist, wasn't he? We broke up two months after he gave me the card, and I came to the conclusion that he is nothing but a fucking liar. Or rather, it doesn't pay to be nice; good girls/guys finish last. Seriously.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...