Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Short for short, long for long.


last day of exams, on my way to the exam hall.

I couldn't contain all that happiness within me as I took that shot. The whole time, I was grinning to myself and turning my head around to see if anyone's looking. It was last Friday, just before the Phonetics paper.

Over tuition yesterday (on a totally random note), I observed how my 6 year-old girl, Hoho, seemed to fumble over her rulers when we came across questions that required her to match pictures to words by drawing straight lines. She picked out the long ruler specifically for the longer lines, and the short ruler for the shorter lines. 

I thought it was cute, what she did, but the more I thought about it, the more I feel it shouldn't be the way things go. I wanted to tell her nope, the rulers work either way but then I realized I should be telling myself that instead. Whoever said you can't use a short ruler to draw a long line, is an idiot. I am an idiot, the girls will know why.

Some door-to-door salesman knocked on the door earlier on. Right after I declined to make a purchase and shut the door behind me, Dad rattled on incessantly about how these salesmen ("any Tom, Dick or Harry" were the exact words he used) might break into the house if you ever open your doors to them, so keep the doors shut blah blah yadah yadah. I was annoyed, very annoyed, and I told him "If you don't want to buy, just tell them you're not interested. Why do you have to judge people like that?" That shut him up. I carnnot stand my dad sometimes, not that I'm a bad daughter.

ps. I just realized both of us posed with ice-cream in our FB display pictures.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...