Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bimbos' dinner at Bugis

I had dinner with 2 lovely ladies two weeks back, just before I left for Tioman. Settled for Ministry of Food at Bugis Junction at last and we caught up quite a bit over our meal. 

Truly enjoyed listening to Mich relating her big Cambodia adventure (the YEP she embarked on in December); tried hard to imagine what deep-fried tarantulas and boiled silkworms taste like, how good it felt to take a toilet break in the paddy fields, and a whole lot more of funky news. & of course, how some local male celebrities prefer to look at Geraldine's boyfriend more than her. Haha I can't help laughing when she told us all about her experiences.

Anyway, here comes some overdue pictures the food... 

wasabi seafood salad; great for clearing blocked noses no kidding.
 
IMG_3671
sashimi platter; yummay 


unagi bento; yummay as well


green tea ice cream and glutinous rice balls in azuki paste


black sesame sundae; nom nom nom!


hmm.. geraldine's captain planet?

great, great company!

Headed over Ah Chew's for some (more) dessert after and I still can't believe I bumped into the same person I bumped into the last time I was there; sorry, but it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. Distaste aside, I'm totally looking forward to our next dinner!

And this is really out-of-nowhere, but hey, I'm sure you wouldn't mind this cute puppy!

IMG_3745

hello ngiap ngiap!

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...