Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fools; always wanting what is not

IMG_3977

Dad got a GPS for the car sometime last week; after much persuasion (even before I got my license). I took it out for a spin finally over the weekend, used it a couple more times these two days and... I think I'd much prefer driving without the GPS. 人真的很犯贱, I can't agree more.

The first round of exco meeting took place over dinner tonight. Okay, it was more like a discussion; things need to be planned in greater detail post-exams & I'm totally looking forward to it. Have no idea what changes we're going to be bringing about and that's what's exciting!

Caught Marley & Me with Simin (I was late for more than half an hour sorry woman!) and I did not shed a single drop of tear, contrary to the tear-inducing quality of the movie that everyone else has been talking about. No idea if that's because I've learnt to see things more objectively, or because I think the book was so much more well-written. I just feel that the book left a more lasting impression, and the movie, didn't leave too much of an impact. Hard to please, of course.

While I heard people trying to stifle sobs all around me, I couldn't help but notice how crooked Owen Wilson's nose really is (I seriously thought he'd just got beaten up badly when I saw him on the screen as I made my late entrance into the theatre) and age seems to be catching up with both Owen Wilson and Jennifer Anniston.

It seemed like they were leading the perfect life in the movie, despite the slight glitches here and there. There's always bound to be problems in life, you need to work your way around them and not let them bog you down, and it seems like they found the perfect way to solve their problems.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...