Friday, March 6, 2009

It felt so real.


I dreamt that I was in North Korea (fyi, one of the places I'm looking least forward to visiting) for an impromptu trip last night; it was probably winter, and a certain sort of gloom hung around the entire place. It was similar to what I'd always thought N.Korea to be; policemen on guard at every other corner of the street, people living in red-bricked buildings, empty streets by 7 p.m. for  fear of going through a round of interrogation, but things looked a little better.

There were shopping malls now, and I visited one. I saw shops selling Pez (special editioned ones, I think) and thought of calling back to ask Siaos if she already has those. I knew NOTHING about the currency exchange, and I knew that in the dream, however, I can't help thinking that things were so cheap. 

Visited a big stationery shop and I met a fellow Singaporean who works there as the shop assistant. Best part? My childhood neighbour turned up and we caught up quite a bit. But as the minutes passed by, I felt the nagging pain in my left shoulder turning increasingly painful. 

It got so bad that I had myself sprawled all over the floor in between those stationery shelves, and started groaning for help in pain. It felt so real. People started gathering about me to see what was happening and just before I knew what happened... I woke up and felt an identical pain in my left shoulder; realized I was leaning way too much on my left shoulder while sleeping. 

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...