Saturday, March 7, 2009

Let's play

The playground just a few steps away from my block got a revamp and my very own playgroun-memories came swarming back into my mind. I used to enjoy going on the swings and see-saws most; nah I wasn't able to go as high as I wanted on the swings, but I loved keeping YF in mid-air on the see-saws so that I could see him struggle to get down. And wait... there's also the big 'spider web' at Pasir Ris Park that I loved to climb whenever someone brought me there. Many years later, I still think about that 'web' when I had King of the Castle for my literature text in secondary school or when I hear the song "Top of the World" playing.

Anyway, I think playgrounds nowadays are so different from what we had in the past. Everything seem so much more sophisticated these days; no more sand pits, stone slides are replaced with plastic ones, and the colours are much more vibrant compared to 10 years back. How times've changed.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...