Thursday, May 7, 2009

Busy Wednesday

For most of my life, I've thought that this day of the week is pronounced Wed.nes.day. Thank god for phonetics if not I'll be pronouncing wrongly for the rest of my life.

Windsurfing today was Great. Light wind conditions; I managed to put the harness to better use. Yes ah. I could feel the weight of the wind on my sail shifting away from my arms to some other parts of my body, and I guess I'm more comfortable with the positioning of my legs on the board after the harness line is hooked on.

The beach starts were better than last Saturday's too, I think. I managed to get up successfully 2 out of 20 tries, as compared to last week's of maybe 25 tries? Hahaha. I know that I'm supposed to point the board downwind, that I'm supposed to stay close to my board, that I'm supposed to raise the mast up so as to catch wind, that I'm supposed to have 2 hands on the boom before I attempt to stand on the board, that I'm supposed to be leaning forward as I get up the board..... but I still don't know why others are able to make it seem so effortless. Agh. Okay, I'll need more practice on this.

Met up with some of the windsurfing peeps for supper at Lau Par Sat; went through what we'll be doing for the next academic year, paving stones for more meetings! I have absolutely no idea how things'll be going, and I'm sure no one else knows too, but I hope we'll be able to do a good job out of it.

Anyway, I had a good time over supper tonight. I realized I'm mostly the one talking about food, so... let's just leave it as it is la hur. Even though I do wish that tummy's not where it is right now, I can't really be bothered to go on another diet, simply because I love to eat, way too much. Hee. I can still live with my chubs for now.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...