Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bimbos' Picnic at Botanic Gardens

Sometime last week, the three of us decided to head down to Botanic Gardens for a picnic. So after 1 hour of getting lost on the road, we arrived at our destination. 

Photobucket
lovely weather

To be honest, Botanic Gardens sounds like a really boring place to me. Well, at least that was the case before we had our picnic. Anyway, it must've been more than 10 years since I last dropped by the place; and the only childhood memory I have of the place is that of a kindergarten outing. 

Photobucket
mich's brownies, geraldine's pasta salad, and my sushi!


Photobucket
dig in!

I was expecting the place to be just as undeveloped as it was 10 years back; expecting parking to be a bitch and the weather to be all too hot... and I was happy to know that finding a lot at the underground carpark was quite a breeze, and the weather was almost perfect for a picnic. Apparently NEA also saw a need to have a food court somewhere near the entrance of the garden, not that I have any grouse about that.

Photobucket
don't they remind you of offerings you place on altars :x

5 minutes upon our arrival at the Garden, we found the perfect picnic spot under the most gigantic tree we could see. It was shady, dry, and gave us a good view of all that was happening around us.

Photobucket
A visitor...

We spread our disposable picnic mat out on the ground and laid our stuff on it, set up the place a little before we started munching on all the food that we brought. 

Photobucket
holga and a coloursplash

So in between our picnic lunch, we took lots of pictures and gossiped quite a fair bit. I think we were basically just accumulating bad karma points back there. Heh. I'm not going to share with you guys the content of what we talked about here because I don't think it's a nice thing to do. I realized that the three of us are quite similar in some sense.

Photobucket

strawberry girls

I had quite a good time back there, enjoying the occasional breeze in my hair and frolicking around in that glorious sunshine, all in the company of 2 good friends.

Photobucket
cute Caucasian babies aplenty

this is the big tree that gave us all the shelter that we needed

mich!

tree-hugging geraldine...

not-so-plastic bimbos

colour into black and white

on the sturdy long branch

Photobucket
lots of ferns hanging from this particular tree

Photobucket
later I changed the mode to black and white

having suicidal thoughts



Photobucket
one of the many toddlers that were running across the great grassy patch

postage stamps?

Photobucket
what good times are made of.

End. I'm so looking forward to my next picnic.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...