Friday, May 1, 2009

Do you like beer?

I do!

So in the most impromptu manner two nights ago, I asked some of the windsurfing peeps if they wanted to head down to the beerfest that was going on at the Flyer. We had Popeye's for dinner, and it was all good. Crunchy, deep fried chicken and the cajun fries (love it!), definitely one of the oiliest dinners I had in awhile. Screw that diet seriously.

just what's so great about the Flyer?

There were not too many people when we arrived at eight plus p.m.; in fact, I thought the crowd was quite sad for a supposedly big event like that. In the big tentage area, we occupied an empty table, only to learn that was reserved for some company. Not cool lor.

Thankfully, there were some empty seats at the table where SK and company were seating at. Mai tu liao. Settle our asses comfortably, placed the bucket of Aussie beers we got right in the middle of the table, and it was time to drink.


from left: Redback, Pure Blonde, Victoria Bitter, Crown and Fosters

We had a taste of each of the beers, and I liked Pure Blonde and Victoria Bitter most. After all that beer swapping, we started playing some beer games. First, it was the "I've never..." game, and we learnt new things about everyone who was playing. And then we moved onto the obligatory "5, 10" finger-guessing, and to the Game of 21 finally.

David & Kwunhok

No idea who started the whole lame riddles thing, but we spent a lot of the time trying to figure out answers to them. Think frustration and hair-tearing moments. Hahaha. I guess I'm pretty lame in the sense that I managed to figure out quite a few of the answers. 


SK

Good clean fun! Definitely looking forward to our next drinking session.


cheers!

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...