Monday, May 4, 2009

Dreary Sunday

I picked a grassy spot, settled my bottom and looked far out to sea with wind in my eyes, salt in my ears and hair flying. Sniff sniff, and something rolled out from the corners of my eyes. I don't know why. Everyone saw me emoing, and I didn't know what to say when they asked what's up with the listlessness. It must be PMS, and nothing else. Good to be a girl sometimes, isn't it? You get to push the blame of your emo moments onto PMS; okay la I can't find any other reason to justify it. Or maybe I can, but I just refuse to blame it on that.

I started cursing when uphauling was getting a little tougher than usual, didn't have a clue where the usual strength went to, and I was just thankful I made it back into the bay, safe from the crazy currents and mad wind. It was pretty depressing, maybe that was what accounted for the emo-ing. Isabelle, Mingle and Chubs were very encouraging, and I was thankful for that. Isabelle offered to let me use her equipment, and I gave it a few attempts. Balancing on her tiny board was nearly mission impossible, but in all, it was refreshing to take a break from my bubblegum board.

Yesterday made me realize I have a super long way to go in this windsurfing journey. How far do I want to go? I have no definite answer, but I'm staying for as long as it makes me happy. 

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...