Saturday, March 20, 2010

finally a break.


another view from my window

Friday ended on a really good note for me (but maybe not so good for some others). Submitted all 3 assignments that we were supposed to, came back to find G and JolB in the room, laughed about embarrassing kindergarten stories, drove off to meet my sports officer at the sports complex, and got (good) news from the financial controller that we'll be getting our reimbursements soon.

I'm sure she wasn't too pleased to see me, for handing up the last invoice for ITWC only a month odd later, plus she just did the closing for the financial year. I'd be cursing myself if I were her... sigh, I feel really horrible about it. It's not fair for her to work so hard for my lack of urgency with those money matters. Sorry for that, really!

Reached home at around 6 p.m. yesterday, and I was so tired from the lack of sleep from the rushing to meet deadlines the previous night that I slept on the living room sofa all the way till 1 a.m. Mumsy tried to wake me up for dinner but I was totally knackered.

Headed down to Bedok North for dinner with YF and Mumsy tonight (mee sua is approved) and we made plans to visit the zoo next Sunday together (thank you Aud for getting me the cheap tickets!). I'm really looking forward to that, since the last time we went there as a family was probably at least 15 years back.

Windsurfing later; I hope it'll not rain like how it's been raining every morning for the past few days. May the wind be with us.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...