Sunday, March 28, 2010

So far, so good.

I've been seeing Siaos a lot this week; first, I bugged her to head down to Vivo with me (to take a look at the Canon tripod, but the showroom's out of stock!) on Tuesday evening. We had Thai Express for dinner and some OiO yoghurt (quite a number of new yoghurt ice-cream shops around these days) for dessert.

We met again on Friday afternoon; I wanted to drop by National Library to look at a professional photography exhibition and since she'd end school around that time I thought we could meet up or something after the exhibition. I turned up late, and we ended up going to the exhibition together; she started telling me how & why some of the architectural structures in those pictures looked really fake (must be a designer's thing!). She offered me some (yummy) chocolate biscuit sticks the moment we met, and after the exhibition, we walked over to Shaw for ice cream! We tried some flavours at Tom's Palette and they were gooood. Anyway, the two of us are always eating when we meet, and after we're done eating we'd start blaming each other for making us eat so much. Blah.

I'm really glad I went for the photography exhibition; that's my first, and hopefully not last, I really love looking at great pictures. Oh, and I sent the roll of B&W film that's been resting on my bookshelf since a few months back for processing too! I hope they won't come out too over-exposed... & Thank you Siao for helping me collect!

Taken while we were on our ways to Raffles City; my first 2 successful panning shots:





These are really quite fun to shoot.

Windsurfed today, and I had fun trying to make good use of my harness; got a little more comfy with the 140 board even though I was still heeling too much. Catapulted once or twice, thankfully it wasn't anything too serious. The wind was an almost constant offshore, and I couldn't make my way back... Rodin offered to sail back to the launching bay so I still had it easy in the end. Tied my new up-haul line (with the easy up-haul hook) onto my boom just, and I can't wait to use it next week!

Had dinner at Applebee's 111 with the seniors after training. Food's not cheap there (mains from $16+ onwards) but I thought the portions were pretty generous and I liked what we had. I exchanged half of what was on my plate (Ultimate Trio) for some glazed ribs, and was really, really full at the end of it. Udders after and it's been so long that I last visited that I forgot which road to take after the Velocity junction; spent at least 15 minutes making rounds. Yummy as usual, plus now there's much company from the traffic police. Packed a pint of Rum & Raisin back for the family, and I realized... the place is a 10 minutes drive from my home!

Weekend's been great so far, & I hope it'll stay like that for a long, long time... Zoo visit with the family tomorrow, looking forward to it!

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...