Wednesday, January 14, 2009

4. I'm happy like that

Moo!
Say Moo! This silly-looking cow never fails to make me smile.

Sports Exposé begun today and I should really be thankful that the inline skating & windsurfing club booths are side-by-side. We were 'overstaffed' mostly, but it was a good time to just chit chat!

Had my first phonetics tutorial today and I thought the new tutor looks pretty young. Can't remember much of what he said about his qualifications and all, but he used to work as a speech therapist. Cool job or what! We did a lot of transcription today (I'm not complaining), and I think somehow, I like transcription! When it got really dreary for me on the train towards Kallang today, I took out a piece of paper and started transcribing. Really helps in keeping one awake, I swear.

Transcription aside, I was so pissed off at the end of the tuition session today. It was annoying to have him tell me "I don't know, I don't know" all the time; especially when he's trying to be funny and doing it on purpose. Don't bother telling me kids are like that, I know that perfectly well. But since nothing can be done to make it disappear, I need to come up with a way to deal with this sort of behaviour before I step up and meet a class of 40, seriously.

Drove a bit around school tonight. Mum was pretty reluctant initially but after my persuasion, relented! I asked her if I drove better than Dad (shall keep Dad's driving tales for another day for those who don't already know bout it), and both Mum & Dad chuckled to themselves. It's only a matter of time, let's hope it'll be soon. Keeping fingers crossed!

& on the way to school, Dad talked bout how YF's probably going to take up Nautical Studies at SP. If he really does that, he'll be the second captain from the family when he graduates; and we'll become the family of sea-farers. I hope he makes the right choice this time round, and puts his heart into whatever he's going to be doing.

It's going to be another long day at the booths tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to it all!

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...