Sunday, January 25, 2009

7. Gloom

IMG_3286
gloom

Attended windsurf training finally, after two weeks of absence. Mum let me drive to ECP under her supervision, and it was pretty fun. Guess everyone's who's just got their licenses feel the same excitment as I do bout driving.

Training started off pretty alright, but I lost whatever 'feel' I had midway through. We had a combined session together with NUS; Uncle Tan gave us a short briefing and it was races, races, and more races after that. I can only think of one word to describe the way I surfed: inconsistent. My sail came loose and fluttered madly at one point in time, and I got really upset about it. Now that I look back, I guess I should be pretty thankful that it didn't happen on the race day. At least I know of one more precaution to take before we all set off. Capsized a couple of times and it sort of set me into a mini bout of depression; what am I going to do if this sort of thing happens on race day?

I got really emo (nearly teared) when I made it back to Uncle Tan after a race where I faced some difficulties at the start. Can't tell you how much I want to do well, but the performance that I'd put up was a far cry from the ideal situation. When was the last time I felt like that? I don't even remember feeling so strongly this way when I didn't do too well for my exams.

ps. Will try snapping out of this bullshit as soon as possible.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...