Friday, January 16, 2009

Getting cold feet

I hate to admit this but I get cold feet whenever I have to present something. Today was the final GESL presentation (not, but let's save it for later) and I had to talk a little about what the group did for preparation. It was supposed to be a really short and simple elaboration, but me being me, fumbled over the little notes I made prior to the presentation.

The point of the notes was to aid me in the presentation, but it seemed to have a counter effect instead. I can't help but want to stick to every single detail that I'd put down in the notes, and this was probably what made me trip on my words and forgot what I wanted to say.

By the end of my 5-minute long sharing session, I was so near to breaking out in cold sweat (I kid you not) and my ears were flushed. I couldn't be any more thankful that the 5 minutes were up. Next time round, I'm not going to make notes like such again. Let's see if it'll make a difference.

Anyway, it's not the end of GESL yet, unlike what we all thought. Our group's professor-in-charge made it known that there's going to be a GESL Day sometime in either March or May. A big-assed poster will need to be drawn up to be hung for the exhibition of some sort, so it's not really the end for us. Damned!

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...