Saturday, October 17, 2009

SoFabric.

Sometimes, I think I have the most talented friends in little Singapore who come up with the most brilliant ideas. SoFabric is the brainchild of Tracy and Jiamin; and I think it is one of the most unique blogshops around. You can find bags... pencil cases... purses... pouches... and laptop sleeves on SoFabric, and what makes it so unique: they're all hand-sewn (one-of-a-kind), and you actually get to customize your items. Okay, you don't do it, they'll do it for you!

Some of the designs you'll come across:

how about a laptop sleeve that has the perfect fit?

or a one-in-a-kind tote?


I like this a lot!

or how bout something smaller, like a really colourful pencil case?

or something sweet and simple like this one?

they even have book covers; looking pretty.

Since you get to customize your items, I guess the part about choosing what sort of fabric, or materials to be used can get a little confusing sometimes. But you don't have to worry much about that, the Fabric Options page is really helpful and fun; you get to see what are the fabric samples available for your items, and the page's so colourful it makes me happy just looking at the fabric samples! Here are some samples that I think are really pretty/cute:





I think their idea of offering 'options' to their customers is pretty damned cool. How often do you come across blogshops that allow you customization that's affordable? Or cheap customization that's specially catered to what you need; down to the inches or centimetres? And that, that is enough reason for you guys and girls to be show some support.

What I've just shown here are just some of the existing designs. Being new, you can be sure that they're constantly coming up with new designs (at the 4th collection currently), so you should really bookmark their page to check for new updates more easily. I'm really glad they're doing something that they like; and hats off to them for being able to juggle so many things at a time; tuition... schoolwork.. and this additional sideline source of income. Really hope you girls will make it big!


SOFABRIC.LIVEJOURNAL.COM visit them today!


ps. some of the pictures that I've posted up are from the previous collections and may be all sold out, be sure to check the availability of your items before placing your ideas with them okay people!
pps. this is my first time doing an advert for a friend, I hope I got all the details in!

2 comments:

Sheepish Sheep said...

haha aijia thanks for the free advert! lols. awesome possum! ^_^V give u huge discount if u need something :)

aj said...

whoo thanks! maybe sometime during the holidays when ur less busy! haha

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...