Monday, October 5, 2009

Hey there cool cat

cute fellow we met when we headed to JB for supper some two weeks back.

Recess week is officially ending in a few more hours' time; I'm only just starting to understand the severity of what it means. A few more hours to complete my half-done English essay. Yay me. In more bad news, I've gotten a warning letter from NIE for failing to register for the School Experience module last semester. Keeping fingers crossed really hard that things don't end up in the worst-case scenario: getting fired. I'm cursing myself right now for having forgotten to do something as important as registering for a compulsory/obligatory module, and thinking about how I'm going to drag my sorry ass down to the coordinator's office to apologize first thing in the morning later. Damned!

In the first time in what feels like quite a while, I finally windsurfed. No chance of doing that last weekend because all the NTU peeps were rushing about, helping out with PA Championship. I rented a Kona and paired it with a pink 5-metre sail; it was the first time I rented a Kona and the experience sucked! It was unstable as hell, and every single time I tried to do a gybe, I was bound to fall. I did all I could to try to prevent myself from falling; stood towards the back of the board, raised the dagger-board, bared away as slowly as I could... just about everything I could think of! In the end, I became exhausted from all that uphauling and I guess I got a little sea-sick (chops were plenty and big today too), totally felt like puking my guts out when Ben helped me drag my rented equipment out of the water.

Tits let me put on his booties on my last round out, and I felt like I was almighty with those booties on. On my next payday, I'm getting my own pair of booties, and I'm going to conquer the Kona! On a brighter note, I think I'm getting slightly better at my beach starts!

Dinner after with the senior windsurfers at 511; I was so full from stuffing myself with kidney meesua, chicken wings, satay and deep fried pieces of ngor hiang. I love eating with them!

I've yakked on for quite a bit now, guess it's time to shift my mind back to the assignment for now. Cheers people, I hope your week's been great!


update: I'm not getting fired anymore! Coordinator's an extremely nice lady. Thankgod.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...