Sunday, October 11, 2009

What I had for dinner and Sam's present from Taiwan

Training was great great great today; the freshies turnout was heartening, Richard gave me a mast-protector that stopped my boom from sliding downwards and I managed to hook onto the harness successfully. Launching and heading out of the bay was kind of a bitch though because the wind was blowing onshore most of the time, and the currents were pretty strong. But no matter, we all still managed to have a good time.

We headed down to Stadium's KFC for dinner, and it was soooo satisfying (I'm quite sad the portions have shrunk though).

Photobucket
I love crispy, deep-fried chicken with fatty bits

Funny how we never thought of heading to Stadium for dinner before, when parking is free and plentiful on weekend evenings, now that I realized. And the next time we're going to have fried chicken again, I will suggest for us to go to Arnold's. I've heard and read so much about them from my friends but I've never remembered to make a trip down.

Photobucket
fries were unsatisfying. I think my favourite place for fries will still be Carl's Jr.


And this is way overdue, but I'm still going to blog about it. Sam got presents for all of us when he headed to Taiwan in May. Novelty candies and snacks to be exact. I thought it was really creative and cute for them to manufacture them in the forms of our daily necessities; sanitary napkin cotton candy, condom candies, traditional Chinese medicine chocolate and so on. I forgot to snap pictures of the other snacks but here's mine:

PhotobucketPhotobucket

The front and back of the box.


It was actually white chocolate that fizzes when you put it in your mouth. So fun to eat!

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...