Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hives

There were red patches all over my body after my jog last night; at first they seemed like mosquito bites, but there were far too many of them to be mosquito bites. My eyes felt really uncomfortable and I had problems keeping them open. Looked into the mirror when I was in the toilet, and I thought to myself, "shit, I think it's hives". I looked like an alien. It worsened little-by-little by the minutes, my eyes were so swollen my upper eyelids were touching my spectacles frame and I had even more trouble trying to keep them opened when I finally reached the car park.

Photobucket
the day after, much of the swelling's gone down, but it's still quite obvious in the left eye.

Photobucket
close-up.

After much driving around (and a few near traffic-light beating encounters), we finally found a clinic that was opened at 3 a.m. in the morning and I got myself a jab. Slept my way through the entire day, and I'm finally awake again. The swelling's gone down significantly, but it's still there.

It was nothing life-threatening, but I'm still glad I have friends to turn to at times like this.

ps. new roomie tells me she's got a friend who's on permanent medication for hives, I guess it's not so uncommon after all.

2 comments:

Douglas said...

GOT TAKE PICTURES?? hahas.. fishball eyes.. LOL

aj said...

haha not posting any!

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...