Thursday, October 15, 2009

'Small Dragon Buns' Steamboat Buffet at Crystal Jade's

Headed down to Holland V. to meet the gang who was already there; I made a big detour from my tutee's place because I was unsure of the way there, so I reached pretty late. The 4 of them were digging into the prawns when I finally reached; they looked really fresh and they offered me one.

The place was really packed, and I'm guessing that it'd be near impossible to get a table without making any reservations prior. I sort of like went into the wrong branch before winding up at the Xiao Long Bao place (in the server's words) where the gang was.

Photobucket
we started off with 2 trays, and then 5, and then 2 again.

I was so happy when they finally brought the trays of steamed buns out onto our table; I love Xiao Long Baos, Crystal Jade anytime over Din Tai Feng's. The other steamboat ingredients came not too long after, and we started happily popping food into the boiling soup.

Photobucket
slurpslurps.

The variety of ingredients was pretty standard, but it included drinks such as coke, sprite, barley and Chinese tea and desserts like the red bean jelly and osmanthus flower jelly, which more or less made up for the price, I felt. It's branded steamboat after all mah.

Photobucket
the 5 trays. dig in!

We ended up paying around $24; inclusive of tax and service charge. I thought it wasn't too bad an experience, and I guess I'll probably be back again sometime soon.

To end the post off, I shall post a really tak-glam shot of myself. I think it's quite funny, my expression in here:

Photobucket
hot la!

!!

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...