Friday, October 23, 2009

Kaleidoscopic

Visited Grandma at TTS with Mumsy last evening. She's been in there for about a week or so and it was my second time visiting. We brought her some macaroni and papaya for dinner, her eyedrops, and chatted a little with her until it was time to leave. There were a few moments of awkward silence while we were not doing anything and it was then I realized I haven't been talking much to Grandma all my life (that totally explains my cannot-make-it Cantonese). I felt so helpless when she couldn't understand what I tried to tell her, but I could understand what she was saying. There's a term for this that we learnt in Sociolinguistics this semester, can't remember what it is right now!

Doctor says they should be able to discharge her in 2-3 more days, I think Grandma's looking forward to that. She looks really grumpy staying in the hospital now, and I imagine every other old person in the hospital to be feeling really grumpy too. Cannot help but take my hat off to all the medical staff working in hospitals, they have to deal with sick and grumpy people all the time, and deal with rejection from the elderly patients. I'll never be able to do that, I think.

Headed down to Bugis to meet Geraldine and Jol for dinner, and while we were waiting for the two of them to reach the place, Mumsy got this for me:

Photobucket
So colourful right!

Photobucket
actually the box of the new perfume from Bodyshop

Got ourselves some clothes from LittleMatchGirl too; there was a store-wide $19.90 sale going on and I thought there were some really practicum-appropriate clothes around. The girls arrived and we settled down at some Xiao Long Bao restaurant for dinner. Had some yummay noodles and Xiao Long Baos before sending Mums back home and us back to hall.

Feeling really thankful that life is awesome right now.


ps. Roti and Pretty Bun are flying over to Bali to meet me on the 1st of December. Roti settled their air-tickets within 1 hour after I started joking to her about it; both of them were so spontaneous about it and the three of us were having so much fun shrieking like hyenas over the phone. I have the coolest bunch of friends! (now this is from me! haha)

pps. They came up with a new name for me. Dough-dough. So the 3 of us are now Jiaklodi, Pretty Bun and Dough-Dough. Ha!

ppps. I forgot if it was Mums or Roti who said that the two of us are Ai Jiak Lo Di. Hurr.

No comments:

It was during one of those conversations where we were disagreeing again with each other's views that I got a clearer understanding of ...